Something is going on here. I've been overwhelmed by certain smells lately. The other day, my arm smelled like baby. Yummmm. I could have smelled it all day. Last night in bed, something smelled super sweet. I didn't move for ages because I wanted to take it in as long as I could. Eventually, it hit me - it smelled like the horse feed at the farm my dad used to work at.
Here's the kicker, though - something on my back porch smells like high school. I don't know if it's the bee balm plant or something nearby, but it is especially strong while my neighbor's air conditioner is on. I could sit out there all day and revel in the feelings of being young. It reminds me of hanging out with my friends, sneaking off with a boy, wearing our pajamas downstairs and thinking we were scandalous. The innocence and freedom of that time is heart-warming. I don't sit regretting anything or even wishing I were back in high school, just relishing the memories and thinking about where I've come since then. In some ways, that's the best feeling of all.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment