Sunday, July 12, 2009

Post Grad

Sometimes I get these feelings like I'm not living up to what I should be. I graduated from college 2 years ago. I teach school; about to start my 3rd year. I've always wanted to be a teacher. Love my principal. Love my coworkers. Love my kids. Something's not right.

I love math. I'm good at it. Standardized tests would make me giddy. Knowing there's only 1 right answer. The perfect evenness of it. I miss those.

I read like it's going out of style. Everyday. All the time. I have to physically tear myself away when the engineer is home so I can spend time with him. Torn between 2 loves.

I used to stay up till the wee hours of morning working on computer programs. Creating way more than was necessary for an A. Just for the thrill of it.

Sometimes I feel like I'm not doing what I should be. Should I have been a mathematician? An accountant? Librarian? Writer? Programmer? I wish I could go back to my freshman year of college and take all those classes again and really listen to my gut this time. Cause right now? I don't have a clue.

No comments: