Yes, I've disappeared. My apartment was broken into - by someone with a key, although he shouldn't have had it.
You go over the scenarios in your head and feel like you just KNOW how you're going to react. But, it's so not like that. I became a mess. A blubbering fool. That's not my personality. Type A. Get things done. Follow the order. I think what messed me up so much is that he was a person who I should have been able to trust. I have a strong conviction of right and wrong, of believing in authority. It's not been easy, but I have since realized that I did nothing wrong, and there's no shame in freaking out about something like that.
Needless to say, my locks have been changed, and no one has a key anymore. There are massive bolts on both of my doors. I sleep with pepper spray and am hardly ever home alone. I just don't want to be.
Oh, and I'm moving. I'll find out the exact date on Monday - it's a matter of when the current tenant moves out. Things are packed, but I'll do much more tomorrow. Oh, boy I'm ready. My house is a wreck and I can't handle it!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment