Saturday, October 10, 2009

Update: Long Time Coming

Yes, it's been a while, but I think I have a good excuse: I have moved, started grad school, and had my first ever by-myself parent-teacher conferences.

My new apartment is fantastic. It's a dream and so much better than my last place. It's cleaner, better taken care of. I've been here a month but haven't received my security deposit back. Is it wrong to be upset? I've called my old landlord numerous times and finally got a response last night - he'll mail it this weekend or first of next week. Dad wants to call a lawyer if I don't have it by Friday. We'll see. Any suggestions?

I also started my online grad school class. It's more work than I thought. "What, you thought going to grad school would be easy?" the Engineer asked. Well, no, but... I don't know.

I've been teaching for 3 years and have been to parent-teacher conferences for years. Participated, even. But, as a departmentalized school, I always was there with another teacher. A talkative teacher, which left me with little time to talk. This year, I'm self-contained. They went much better than expected. Everyone left smiling (except for some children, but that's to be expected), which is the point, right?

No comments: